The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) issued its Annual Civil Monetary Penalties Inflation Adjustment. Here are some of the adjustments:
Medicare Secondary Payer:
- For failure to provide information identifying situations where the group health plan is primary, the maximum penalty increases from $1,181 to $1,211 per failure.
- For an employer who offers incentives to a Medicare-eligible individual to not enroll in an employer-sponsored group health plan that would otherwise be primary, the maximum penalty increases from $9,239 to $9,472.
- For willful or repeated failure to provide requested information regarding group health plan coverage, the maximum penalty increases from $1,504 to $1,542.
- Summary of Benefits and Coverage: For failure to provide, the maximum penalty increases from $1,128 to $1,156 per failure.
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA):